Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Vegan Grilled Cheese with Arugula, Fig Spread, and "Chicken" Cutlet



Vegan Grilled Cheese with Fig Jam, Arugula, and "Chicken"
A Side Arugula Salad with Cucumbers, Toasted Slice Almonds, Avocado, and Lemon Vinagarette





 Just made a delicious Vegan Grilled Cheese sandwich and thought I would share it!

Ingredients:
Two thick slices of good bread. I used French bread.
Fig jam or spread
Handful of Arugula
Vegan "Chicken" Cutlet (optional)
Daiya mozzarella cheese
Earth Balance

This is a super simple recipe that anyone can make. I just spread some earth balance on the bread, placed it on the frying pan with the buttery side down. On low heat, I added some jam, the cheese, and the chicken cutlet. I left it open faced and grilled the other half of the bread separately (with some earth balance). After I removed the open-faced side of the sandwich and the single piece of bread from the heat, I added the arugula and closed the sandwich. This way the arugula will retain some of its crunchiness.  And voila! Your grilled cheese is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment